Items tagged with: gab
Predicting the future:
- Gab finally switches to their Mastodon fork
- some Gab users switch to their own hosting, as Gab source code must be open since Mastodon is on a strong copyleft license (AGPL-3.0), so they have Pro features for free/much cheaper
- Gab.com dies, as their financing doesn't work anymore, but the source code is again forked by someone and it's a good contribution to fediverse, some improvements even get commited back to Mastodon
Here is where they think they will be at launch. Important that they still say there will be Apps supporting them in the App stores and a list is coming.
I'm sure none of this is news to most but wanted to keep an eye on it and share to #admins and to #Mastodon App developers. cc: @tootapp @tootleapp @JPEG @pixelfed @Gargron @Tusky
Content warning: framasoft, rant, guignols
Twitter link: https://twitter.com/getongab/status/1143710177235001344
Gabbers work w feds. They’ve had campaigns where they’ve reported sex workers to police and the IRS. They’ve reported nonwhite Immigrants to ICE and the NSA. They’ve doxxed activists and abuse victims. This is not just a ‘free speech’ issue. You’re responsible for who you federate with and who you allow on your platform. Minimizing the threat they pose is just you minimizing your complicity in their violence. We’re not fooled.
- I didn't receive a reply from Google policy team about a potential ban of the application.
- Without the previous risk, I clearly think that's not my role. I can't hard-code instance blocks especially when every tools are here for that.
- If you want a strong block, it's in the hands of social network developers or your admins.
Amis soyez prêt à réagir en votre âme et conscience pour ne pas laisser la haine que ça va drainer pourrir le Fédiverse.
Cf https://mastodon.social/@Gargron/102184195834215862 et https://gab.com/gab/posts/VnZRendFcDM1alBhNm9QeWV4d0xidz09
#Mastodon #Fédiverse #Gab #Haine